- On 2021-09-02
- In News
Afghan evacuee boy dies in Poland after eating mushrooms
Five-year-old dies and six-year-old brother critically ill after undergoing liver transplant near Warsaw
Doctors at Poland’s main children’s hospital have said a five-year-old Afghan boy, recently evacuated from Kabul, has died and his six-year-old brother, who has undergone a liver transplant, remains in life-threatening condition after they ate poisonous mushrooms.
The boys and their older sister fell ill last week after their family picked and ate death cap mushrooms in the forest around the refugee centre where they were staying in Podkowa Leśna, near Warsaw.