Second Afghan evacuee boy dies in Poland after eating toxic mushrooms

Six-year-old pronounced dead a day after his younger brother also died after eating soup made from death cap mushrooms

A second child of an Afghan family evacuated from Kabul to Poland has died after eating soup containing death cap mushrooms, which the family had unknowingly gathered in a forest outside their quarantine centre.

The six-year-old boy received an emergency liver transplant but doctors were unable to save him. His five-year-old brother died on Thursday at Poland’s main children’s hospital in Warsaw, where both were treated.

Continue reading…